This fruity and herby syrup reminds me of the forests of Norway!
I'm channeling my Scandinavian heritage for this fabulous syrup that can be used to enhance your favorite SUMMER SIPPERS! I developed this recipe for my friends atSons of Norway's Viking Magazine. Read about my Summer Sippers story HERE.
This syrup is inspired by my childhoods blueberry picking with my mormor. The rosemary adds a 'woodsy" flavor. You can make this syrup using whatever berries you have, fresh or frozen.
Makes 1 1/2 cup syrup, serves 10
1 cup blueberries
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 rosemary stalk
Alcohol suggestion: Vodka
- In a small saucepan combine blueberries, sugar and water.
- Bring to a boil and stir well until the sugar is dissolved.
- Cool and strain into a glass to cool.
- For serving add 2-3 tablespoons into a glass, top off with ginger ale, ice and garnish with fresh rosemary.
- To make a cocktail simply add 2 cl vodka to each glass and serve
Made it? Tell us about it–