I love a good olive oil cake. Remember, these cakes are a bit denser than a cake made with butter, but they stay moist for days. The sage gives it an extra kick.
MAKES 4 SMALL LOAVES
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup orange juice
1 teaspoon fresh sage, finely chopped
11/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare 4 small loaf pans with butter and flour.
- Combine eggs, sugar, honey, orange juice, and olive oil in a large mixing bowl, and beat for 2 minutes.
- Add sage, flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until smooth.
- Pour batter into the pans, and bake until set and golden, 25–30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Drizzle with a glaze made of confectioners’ sugar and water.
- Serve topped with orange slices and candied sage.
Made it? Tell us about it–