Decadent and delish melted cheese to satiate your deepest desires!
This recipe is based on Ina Garten's marvelous Baked Fontina recipe!
you will need:
Cast iron skillet
1 1/2 pounds Fontina, Gruyere, or Raclette or other melting cheese, rind removed and 1-inch-diced
1/4 cup olive oil
3 Tablespoons ground parmesan cheese
6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
1 teaspoon Maldon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
Lots of crusty bread to serve
- Set your oven broiler to low.
- Add diced cheese and parmesan to skillet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and add all herbs, spices, and seasoning.
- Place the pan under the broiler for 6 minutes, watching closely, until the cheese is melted and bubbling and starts to brown.
- Serve hot right out of the oven in the skillet with lots of good bread!
You can use whatever types of melting cheese you like!
Made it? Tell us about it–