I love the cake base of this so much, the combination of oranges and almonds is sublime!
1 stick butter
1 cup sugar
1⁄4 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons grated orange zest
2 cups almond meal
1⁄2 cup all purpose flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
caramel sauce (Recipe HERE)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, and mix well between each egg
- Mix in orange juice and zest
- Add almond meal, flour and baking powder.
- Mix well. Pour the batter into a greased 9-inch cake pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until golden and set
- Cool on a wire rack
- Serve with whipped cream, apricots and caramel sauce.
Made it? Tell us about it–