3/4 cup dried cranberries
3/4 cup dried apricots, coarsely chopped
1 cup orange juice
1 1/2 stick (150g) butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 large eggs
2 cups plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup milk
grated zest of 1 orange
- Heat oven to 350F, 180C.
- Place cranberries, apricots and orange juice in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Let me mixture simmer until almost all the orange juice is gone.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add vanilla and the eggs, one at a time.
- Add flour and baking powder, stir well.
- Stir in the milk and the cranberry/apricot mixture.
- Spoon the batter into a buttered bundt pan.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes, or until set.
- Cool and turn the cake over on a large platter.
- Mix powdered sugar and water to a frosting and pour it over the cake.
- Sprinkle with orange zest and serve.
Made it? Tell us about it–