17 oz ready-made puff pastry (I always use DuFour brand)
10 pieces dark chocolate
1 egg (for egg wash)
- Heat the oven to 400°F
- Roll out the puff pastry on a floured surface.
- Cut the pastry into around 4" squares.
- Use a knife to make around a 1" incision from each corner towards the centre. Each corner is now made up of 2 points.
- Brush the eggwash over the edges.
- Put 1 piece of chocolate in the middle of each pastry.
- Fold every other “point” into the centre and press them together over the chocolate to form a windmill shape.
- Brush more eggwash over each pastry.
- Bake in the oven for 10–15 minutes.
Made it? Tell us about it–