Get ready for a new Sunday brunch flavor. Deliciousness comes in circles this weekend. With a hint of rooibos tea, these pancakes have a new surprising taste.
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup pudding powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
1 vanilla bean
1⁄3 cup + 4 teaspoons milk
FOR THE JAM:
31/2 cups orange juice
2⁄3 cup water
21/2 ounces rooibos tea
1/2 ounce agar
- Mix together the flour, pudding powder, baking powder, sugar, and seeds of the vanilla bean.
- While stirring, add milk and egg to the mixture. Stir well until everything is smooth.
- For the jam: start boiling the orange juice, water, and rooibos tea, and let it infuse for about 20 minutes. Pour the mixture through a sieve.
- Stir in the agar, and bring it to a boil again. Let cool until thickened.
- In a food processor, mix the jam until smooth.
- Peel and filet the oranges.
- Pour about 3 tablespoons of batter for each pancake into a pan. Cook over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with the orange rooibos jam, and decorate with the orange filets and some orange zest.
Made it? Tell us about it–