A simple, but very tasty salad-and a great dish to serve for brunch. (Just be sure the eggs and pancetta are still warm.)
10 ounces pancetta, diced
1 large bag mixed salad greens
4 soft boiled eggs, cut in half
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Sauté pancetta in medium-sized pan. (You don't need to use any oil as the pancetta will give off enough.) Cook until crispy.
- Drain on paper towels until cool.
- Place the salad on plates and add the warm eggs and pancetta.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, balsamic and lemon zest.
- Serve the salad with the dressing.
Made it? Tell us about it–