How to eat panzanella all year long!
1/4 loaf of bread
1/4 cup olive oil
28 oz can Muir Glen Organic Fire Roasted Crushed Tomatoes
1 lb cooked pasta (I used ziti)
3/4 cup mixed olives
salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 cup fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cube the bread and toss with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place on a baking tray and bake until toasted and golden. This will take about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a pan heat up the tomatoes, add pasta and olives, and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large serving dish, use a slotted spoon to scoop your tomato mixture onto your croutons.
- Toss lightly, allowing the croutons to soak up some of the juices from your tomato mixture.
- Serve with a bit of fresh basil on top.
Entertaining tip: you can make ahead up to step 3, then resume on the day of the event!
Made it? Tell us about it–