The perfect snack to serve with cocktails!
Makes 18 Mini-Tarts
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick cold butter, in cubes
ice cold water
18 slices of ripe heirloom tomatoes
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
salt and pepper
- For the crust, place flour, salt and butter in a large bowl.
- Use your hands and work the butter into the flour, the mixture should be crumbly and grainy.
- Add ice water,just a little at a time until the dough holds together.
- Wrap in plastic and let it rest in the fridge for 1 hour. (You can make it a few days beforehand if you want)
- Roll it out between two sheets of parchment paper and use a glass or a cookie cutter to cut out circles.
- Top each tart with a tomato slice, thyme, parmesan, salt, pepper and some oil.
- Bake at 380F for about 15 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Made it? Tell us about it–