6 large beets
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 pounds cooked pasta (penne works great)
1 small squash, sliced and saute in a little olive oil
1 red onion, sliced and saute in a little olive oil
2 tablespoons capers
1 tablespoon roasted pine nuts
1/2 cup snow peas
6 ounces chevre cheese,thinly sliced
Salt and pepper, to taste
Olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the beets in a roasting dish and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the beets become tender.
- Cool and peel off the skin.
- Cut into wedges.
- On a large serving platter, mix together beets, pasta,squash, red onion, capers, pine nuts, snow peas and chevre.
- Season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil.
Made it? Tell us about it–