This is a really easy everyday pasta dish. The tip here is to mix in some of the boiling pasta water, it creates a delicious sauce with the Parmesan and lemon.
1 lb spaghetti salt, to taste
1 cup peas, fresh or frozen
1⁄2 cup edamame
1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan+extra for serving
1 lemon, just the juice
pepper, to taste
1⁄3 cup toasted pine nuts
handful of watercress
1⁄2 lemon, just the grated zest
- Cook the pasta al dente in salted water.
- When the pasta is done, add the peas and edamame and cook for 30 more seconds.
- Drain and reserve 1⁄2 cup of the pasta liquid.
- Place pasta and liquid in a bowl and add Parmesan, lemon juice, and some pepper. Toss well.
- Stir in pine nuts and watercress.
- Serve in bowls or plates with more Parmesan and a sprinkle of lemon zest.
Made it? Tell us about it–