This dish is spicy, fresh, and a perfect for a weeknight meal.
THE INGREDIENT Ramps. Spring has sprung! Time to hit up your local farmer's market—it's the season of the ramp.
14 ramps, cleaned
½ red chili, seeded, cut into
1 tablespoon pine nuts
grated zest of 1 lemon
1⁄3 cup olive oil
juice from 1 lemon
1 lb cooked pasta, I used spaghetti
salt and pepper, to taste
20 green olives
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté ramps and chili until soft.
- Add pine nuts and lemon zest, and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add olive oil and lemon juice.
- Place the warm cooked spaghetti in a large bowl and stir in the sauce; season with salt and pepper.
- Add the olives and serve.
What is a ramp? It is like a spring onion and looks like a scallion, but is more delicate. Delicious!
Made it? Tell us about it–