Don't have pastis? You can substitute with absinthe.
4 oz Corallejo Tequila
1⁄2 oz Pernod pastis or Absinthe
1 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
3 to 4 tablespoons honey syrup
8 fresh mint leaves, plus a few sprigs for garnish
- To make the wild flower honey syrup, dissolve a 1:1 ratio honey and filtered water in a saucepan set on medium heat.
- Whisk to dissolve, then remove from heat.
- Once cooled to room temperature, store chilled in the refrigerator. Keeps, chilled and sealed, for up to 3 weeks.
- In a cocktail shaker, tear mint leaves and add lime juice.
- Muddle mint for 10 seconds, add tequila, pastis, and honey syrup, and top with ice.
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Place a single large ice cube into each rocks glass.
- Strain into the glasses, slap a couple mint sprigs across your hand to release their aromatic oils, and garnish.
Made it? Tell us about it–