2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons sugar
1 cup mascarpone
1.2 vanilla bean
2 cups mixed fresh berries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C)
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
- Roll out the dough to a thin layer on a piece of wax paper.
- Turn the paper upside down in a greased pie tin and drag of the paper slowly. Trim the edges.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Cool on wire racks.
- Separate the eggs. Whisk the egg whites to soft peak.
- Whisk eggs and sugar light and creamy.
- Add mascarpone and mix well.
- Add vanilla and egg whites and mix until it's all blended.
- Pour mixture into the pie crust.
- Add the berries and serve. Enjoy.
Made it? Tell us about it–