A perfectly light and refreshing end to a fantastic meal.
Makes 1 pavlova, serves 6–8
4 egg whites
1 cup powdered sugar
3 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon white vinegar
2 tablespoon lemon zest
1 vanilla bean
8 oz heavy whipping cream
2 Meyer lemons, thinly sliced
1⁄2 cup sugar
1⁄4 cup salted roasted almonds, crushed
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Beat egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add 1 cup powdered sugar, and beat until the mixture is glossy.
- Sift in cornstarch, add vinegar and lemon zest, and fold to incorporate thoroughly.
- Pour out egg white mixture onto a parchmentlined sheet pan making an 8-inch-round pile.
- Place in the oven, bring down the temperature to 250°F, and bake for 1 hour.
- Turn off the oven and allow pavlova to cool completely.
- Whisk heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Scape vanilla seeds from the bean and add to the cream and whip through to incorporate evenly.
- In a pan heat 1 cup water, ½ cup sugar, and vanilla pod.
- Add Meyer lemon slices and simmer until translucent, about 25 minutes.
- Pull out onto parchment and allow to cool.
- To assemble your pavlova, top with vanilla cream, candied lemons, and almonds.
Made it? Tell us about it–