These are really easy to make and so delicious. Perfect snack or appetizer food. Serve with a side of good ricotta.
1 can cannellini beans, drained
1⁄2 cup peas
1⁄3 cup packed watercress, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1⁄3 cup ricotta
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
salt and pepper, to taste
vegetable oil, for deep frying
- Place beans, peas, watercress, parsley, ricotta, flour, salt, and pepper in a food processor and run until smooth.
- Heat the oil in a large pot. It’s warm enough when you place a wooden spoon in it and it bubbles around it.
- Make walnut-sized falafels and place in the oil.
- Cook for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve warm.
Made it? Tell us about it–