A great soup, sweet and filling and perfect for cold nights.
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 small carrot, cubed
1 small squash, cubed
3 pears, peeled and cubed
4 cups vegetable stock
1 cup heavy cream
salt & pepper to taste
4 tablespoons toasted pumpkins seeds
fresh thyme for garnish
- Melt butter and oil in a large saucepan
- Sauté onion, carrot, squash, and pears until onion is soft.
- Add stock. Reduce heat and let the soup simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour the soup into a food processor and purée until creamy. Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and add cream.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into bowls and garnish with pumpkin seeds and thyme.
Made it? Tell us about it–