Salty and sweet with BACON... Mmmmmm...
Makes 5 cups
5 cups popcorn
1⁄2 cup toasted whole pecans
4 strips cooked bacon, crumbled into ½-inch pieces
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
3⁄4 cup maple syrup
1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a large bowl, combine popcorn, pecans, and bacon.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine butter, maple syrup, and salt and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Once butter is melted, increase heat to high and boil without stirring for 12 to 15 minutes or until mixture reaches 280°F on a candy thermometer and is golden dark brown but not burnt.
- Quickly pour on popcorn mixture and stir with a greased spatula or spoon.
- Spread out mixture in a single layer on a foil lined, greased baking sheet and let cool.
Made it? Tell us about it–