So pretty and so tasty.... pure pesto perfection!
This recipe is from my Spring 2015 issue!
Instant Download PDF: CLICK HERE
Get the print magazine: CLICK HERE
Makes 4 breads
1 1/2 tablespoons dry active yeast
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 cup + 1 cup warm water
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons salt
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 cup Parmesan, grated
2 cups basil
1/2 cup olive oil
- Mix yeast, honey, and ½ cup warm water in a large bowl and let it sit for 5 minutes. It should be frothy after 5 minutes—if not the yeast is dead and you have to start over.
- Add the rest of the water, the flour, oil, and salt and mix until you have a smooth dough.
- Cover the bowl with plastic and let it rise until double its size, about 40 minutes.
- Place all your pesto ingredients on a cutting board and chop all ingredients together.
- Place in a bowl, add the olive oil, and mix well.
- Fill each jar with some dough at the bottom, then a couple of tablespoons of pesto. Continue filling the jars in layers. You should end with a layer of dough.
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Bake golden for about 20 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
For this recipe, you will need some ovenproof jars, like Weck jars or Mason jars. I usually serve 1 bread per person—you simply pull out pieces and eat.
Made it? Tell us about it–