Every one loves having their own little jar of deliciousness.
1 1/2 tablespoons dry active yeast
2 tablespoons honey
1 1/2 cups warm water, divided
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons salt
28 oz can Muir Glen Organic Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
1 cup grated manchego (or other hard cheese)
- Mix yeast, honey, and 1/2 cup warm water in a large bowl and let it sit for 5 minutes. It should be frothy after 5 minutes. if not the yeast is dead and you have to start over.
- Add 1 cup water, flour, oil, and salt, and mix until you have a smooth dough.
- Cover the bowl with plastic and let it rise until double in size. This will take about 40 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Fill 4 jars with some dough at the bottom. Add a couple tablespoons of tomatoes and a sprinkling of cheese. Continue filling the jars, alternating layers of dough, tomato, and cheese. End with a sprinkling of cheese.
- Bake them until golden. This will take about 20 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
For this recipe you will need some ovenproof jars. I usually serve one bread per person—you simply pull out pieces and eat.
Made it? Tell us about it–