This is the first recipe I ever made. I think I was around seven and I used some leftover puff pastry to make these pizza sticks. They became so popular with my family that I had to make them every time my parents had guests over. I always had them with some tomato sauce and a glass of milk.
Let's Make Pizza Sticks!
The first recipe I ever came up with when I was a boy used leftover puff pastry and tomato sauce... I called them PIZZA STICKS! My family instantly fell in love with them and they became a regular snack item in our house.Posted by Sweet Paul Magazine on Monday, March 28, 2016
Get tons of inspiration in Sweet Paul Magazine:
Makes 12–15 sticks
You will need:
1⁄2 sheet puff pastry
all purpose flour
1⁄2 cup tomato paste or tomato sauce
1⁄2 cup grated Gruyère cheese, you can also use Asiago or Parmesan
1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Roll out the puff pastry to almost double size using a little flour.
- Cut into 1⁄2” strips and place on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Brush on tomato paste and sprinkle with cheese and oregano.
- Bake until golden, about 12–14 minutes.
- Serve a la Paul, with a glass of milk.
Made it? Tell us about it–