A friend of mine baked this cake and it was the best polenta cake I ever tasted. I begged and begged for the recipe and finally she gave it up.
you will need:
1 cup salted butter, soft
½ cup sugar
3 large eggs z
est of 2 lemons
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups almond flour
¾ cup fine polenta
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ cup honey
juice of 2 lemons
- Preheat oven to 360°F.
- In a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time.
- Stir in the lemon zest and vanilla.
- Add almond flour, polenta, and baking powder, and mix well.
- Spoon into a round buttered 9” baking tin.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until set and golden.
- Remove and let cool.
- In a small saucepan, heat up honey and lemon juice.
- Use a toothpick and make small holes all over the cake.
- Pour the hot syrup onto the cake and let it soak until cool.
- Serve and enjoy.
Made it? Tell us about it–