This is a really wonderful dish. We love pork chops and combined with this sweet sauce… wow!
2 tablespoons butter
2 shallots, finely chopped
½ lb dried cherries (soaked in warm water for 1 hour and drain)
1 cup vegetable broth
2 tablespoons orange marmalade
1 tablespoon balsamic
salt & pepper, to taste
4 large pork chops, bone-in
butter, for frying
- Heat the butter in a saucepan and sauté the shallots until soft. This will take about 2–3 minutes.
- Stir in the cherries, broth, marmalade, and balsamic.
- Simmer until the sauce thickens a little. This will take about 8–10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the butter in a pan and fry the pork chops until golden brown. They need about 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with the sauce.
Made it? Tell us about it–