Perfect soup to warm up your dinner!
8 oz dried white beans, soaked overnight
3 cloves garlic, peeled
1 bay leaf
1 onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
good pinch red pepper flakes
6 cups chicken stock (preferably homemade)
1 bunch kale, ribbed and torn into pieces
1 cup chopped chorizo
salt & pepper to taste
- Drain the soaked beans and add enough cold, fresh water to cover the beans by about 3 inches.
- Add the garlic and bay leaf to the pot and place over medium-high heat.
- Once the water has come to a boil, reduce the heat and keep at a low simmer until the beans are tender, about 1 or 11⁄2 hours
- Drain, discarding the garlic and bay leaf. Set aside.
- Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- Add a couple splashes of olive oil and sauté the onion and garlic until tender.
- Stir in the red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken stock and cooked beans. Simmer for 10 or 15 minutes
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat
- Add a splash of olive oil and cook the chopped chorizo until they crisp and develop some color.
- Add the chorizo and torn kale to the soup. Simmer another 10 minutes until the kale is tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
Made it? Tell us about it–