You can flavor the Crème Fraîche with finely chopped dill or chives, it will go perfect with the smoked salmon.
This recipe is from the booklet, Crème Fraîche: Recipes & Inspiration for Everyday Cooking - Read the full recipe booklet below!
Makes 1 large galette, serves 4
3 large Russet potatoes
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
pinch of pepper
2 tablespoons butter
8 large slices of smoked salmon
1 cup Vermont Creamery Crème Fraîche
2 scallions, finely sliced
- Peel and shred the potatoes with a grater.
- Place them in a bowl and add flour, egg, salt and pepper.
- Mix until fully incorporated.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a large nonstick pan.
- Add the potato mixture to the pan, use the back of a wooden spoon to press the potatoes down to form one large “pancake”.
- Cook for about 10 minutes on one side until crisp and brown, lift it gently up to make sure it does not burn, flip it over and let it cook for about another 10 minutes on the other side.
- Remove the pan from the heat and top with salmon, crème fraîche, scallions, watercress and a little pepper.
- To serve cut it into wedges and serve.
The perfectly pink container of the Vermont Creamery Crème Fraîche does double-duty as a 1 cup measure. Why wash more dishes than you have to?
Made it? Tell us about it–