Perfectly soft and salty pretzels made in your own kitchen!
Get tons of inspiration here:
You will need:
2 teaspoons active dry yeast
11⁄3 cups warm water
1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
41⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking soda
flakey sea salt
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add sugar and flour and mix until you have a smooth and elastic dough.
- Cover with plastic and let rise for 45 minutes.
- Heat oven to 475ºF.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add baking soda, and stir until the soda is dissolved.
- Cut the dough into 20 pieces, and roll each piece into a long sausage.
- Roll each sausage into a snail shape. The pretzels should look like two buns meeting in the middle.
- Place them one at a time in the water, and let them cook for 10 seconds on each side.
- Take them out and place them on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with plenty of salt.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until dark golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Serve them warm with a hot and sweet mustard!
Made it? Tell us about it–