This is a mix between a cake and a bar with an awesome pumpkin spice taste. Use flaky sea salt, as it will create these little salt pockets in the dough.
Makes about 20 bars
1/2 cup molasses
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
1/4 cup milk
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon all spice
1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt
1 1/2 cups nuts, coarsely chopped (I used pecans, almonds, and walnuts)
1/2 cup honey
2 tablespoons bourbon
- Preheat oven to 360°F.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, molasses, and sugar until creamy.
- Add oil, vanilla, pumpkin, and milk, and mix well.
- Add flour, baking powder, and spices, and mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Fill the batter in a greased 9x13” baking pan, and top with the nuts.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack and cut into bars.
- Heat up the honey and bourbon in a small saucepan—don’t let it boil, just warm.
- Drizzle the bars with the warm honey mixture.
Made it? Tell us about it–