Easy fondue for when you want a warm snack on a chilly evening.
Serves 2-3 as a snack
9 oz Camembert (or similar cheese in a small wooden box)
1 garlic clove
2 teaspoons olive oil
a few twigs of thyme
crudités (cauliflower, carrot, radishes), for serving
a few slices of toasted/grilled peasant bread, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 380°F.
- Unwrap the cheese and cut the top off. (You can use it later in a pasta sauce, for example.) Put the cheese back into the wooden box.
- Peel and chop the garlic.
- Scatter it over the cheese.
- Pour some oil on the cheese and add a few twigs of thyme.
- Bake the cheese for 5 minutes or until the cheese is warm and somewhat runny.
- Serve with crudités and bread for dipping.
Made it? Tell us about it–