A good old French classic. Forever a favorite.
MAKES 1 TART, SERVES 6
4 tablespoons butter
1⁄2 cup + 1 teaspoon sugar
7 apples, peeled, cored, and quartered, I suggest Galas
1 large sheet puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large frying pan (one that can be placed in an oven) melt butter and sugar.
- Arrange the apples in the pan
- Place the sheet of puff pastry over the apples and tuck the corners into the pan.
- Place in the oven and bake until golden, about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and turn the pastry upside down with the help of a platter. If some of the apples are stuck in the pan simply remove them with a fork and place them on the tart.
Made it? Tell us about it–