A showstopping Rainbow Carrot Cake topped with edible flowers! It's as utterly delicious as it looks!
2 cups sugar
6 teaspoons cinnamon
2 cups oil
3 cups flour
6 teaspoons baking powder
pinch of salt
4 cups grated carrots
1 cup mixed raisins
- Beat the eggs and sugar until creamy and light in color. Add the rest of the ingredients, except the fruit, and mix well.
- Carefully fold the fruit into the cake mixture, and pour into two greased cake pans.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350° for about 40 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- While the cake is cooling, whip up a batch of your favorite lemon-lime buttercream or cream cheese icing. Divide icing into three equal portions.
- Ice the top of the first layer, and add a layer of chopped strawberries. Cover with more icing.
- Sandwich the second layer on top of first, and dust the sides of the cake with powdered sugar. Ice the top layer, and decorate the cake with edible flowers.
Made it? Tell us about it–