You're going to be putting this butter on EVERYTHING!
½ bunch ramps, finely chopped, leaves and bulbs separated
½ teaspoon Maldon salt
8 oz unsalted butter, at room temp
2 teaspoons honey
zest of 1 lime
¼ teaspoon coriander
¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Salt chopped ramp bulbs and mash with a mortar and pestle to release the juices.
- Add to a medium bowl and fold in the rest of the ingredients.
- If your butter is really soft, chill in the fridge for 15 minutes before molding.
- Transfer butter to a piece of parchment and gently roll the butter into a uniform log.
- Chill in the fridge until firm. If you need to speed it up, chill in the freezer for 30 minutes until firm.
- Cut into slices.
- U se this in a million different things. Scrambled eggs, slathered on toast, tossed with fresh pasta or veg—or the very best, sneak it under the skin of your next roasted chicken.
This butter will keep in your freezer for months.
Made it? Tell us about it–