For something sweet, a beautiful berry pavlova is the perfect dessert! Crunchy and chewy meringue and the most wonderful freshness from berries!
4 egg whites
1 cup powdered sugar
3 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon white vinegar
2 tablespoon lemon zest
1/2 vanilla bean, seeds only
8 ounces heavy whipping cream
1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and cut in half
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
edible flowers or herbs
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Beat egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, and beat until the mixture is glossy.
- Sift in cornstarch. Add vinegar, lemon zest, and vanilla, and fold to incorporate thoroughly.
- Fill a piping bag with meringue, and pipe a large wreath onto a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Place in the oven. Bring down the temperature to 250°F, and bake for 1hour.
- Turn off the oven and allow pavlova to cool completely.
- Beat heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Place the pavlova on a large platter, and fill the middle with whipped cream.
- Top with berries, pomegranate seeds, and flowers, and serve.
Set out your pavlova with the rest of the food so the cream has a chance to settle into the meringue—delicious!
Made it? Tell us about it–