Makes 1 large cake
1 stick butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cups almonds
1 cup raspberries
- Preheat oven to 325F, 180C.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time. Make sure to mix well between each egg.
- Add vanilla, flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Stir until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour into a well greased cake tin.
- Sprinkle with almonds and raspberries.
- Bake until golden brown, about 60 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into hearts or squares and serve with creme fraiche.
Made it? Tell us about it–