Impress friends and family with this delicious combination of fresh ricotta cheese, lemon, and raspberry. Everyone loves bundt cake!
3 cups + 3 teaspoons all-purpose flour, divided
2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1⁄2 cups superfine sugar
grated zest of 1 lemon
6 tablespoons (1⁄3 cup) butter, melted and cooled
scant 1⁄2 cup canola oil
1 1/4 cups ricotta cheese
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
4 large eggs, at room temperature
1 cup ground almond meal
1 teaspoon salt
21⁄8 cups raspberries
fresh berries for decoration insecticide-free, fresh garden flowers for decoration
2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
1 teaspoon butter, melted
2 to 3 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- CAKE: Preheat oven to 350oF. Grease and flour a 12-cup bundt cake pan.
- Sift 3 cups of flour and baking powder together. Set aside.
- Place sugar and zest into a large bowl. Rub together with your fingertips until well combined.
- Add butter, oil, ricotta, buttermilk, vanilla, and eggs to sugar. Use a whisk to mix together. Stir in flour, almond meal, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, toss raspberries in 3 tablespoons of flour until coated. Add raspberries to cake batter, shaking off any excess flour, and mix gently to incorporate.
- Spoon batter into prepared cake pan, spreading evenly with the back of a wet spoon.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the cake’s center comes out clean. Let stand in pan for 15 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Pour icing over cake. Allow to set about 30 minutes. Decorate with berries and flowers just before serving.
- LEMON ICING: Place sugar and melted butter into a large bowl.
- Gradually add lemon juice, stirring until a smooth paste forms.
Made it? Tell us about it–