Whenever the berries at my local market look good I'm sure to make this simple dessert!
1 1⁄3 cups all purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 stick butter, in pieces
1 tablespoon cold water
2 cups mascarpone
1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups raspberries
powdered sugar, for dusting
- Place flour, sugar and butter in a food processor and process until it looks like bread crumbs.
- Add the egg and cold water and process until it comes together.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Take it out and press the dough into a greased 9-inch pie tin. You can also use smaller portion size tins.
- Trim the edges with a knife.
- Prick the base with a fork.
- Bake until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Mix together mascarpone, sugar and vanilla and fill in the pie.
- Sprinkle with raspberries and dust with powdered sugar.
You can use whatever fruit you like to top this tart!
Made it? Tell us about it–