It's very important to preheat the roasting pan as directed. This will allow squash to brown and caramelize in the most magical of ways.
You will need:
2 medium sweet dumpling squash, sliced into 1⁄4” rings, seeds discarded
1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
11⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
freshly ground black pepper
several sprigs fresh oregano
1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds
2 tablespoons pumpkin seed oil
- Place a large baking sheet in oven and heat to 425°F.
- Combine squash and onions in a large mixing bowl.
- Add olive oil, salt, and pepper and toss to coat vegetables.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and quickly arrange squash and onions on pan, creating a single layer.
- Strew vegetables with oregano and return to oven.
- Roast until squash is golden brown and tender, about 25 minutes.
- About 15 minutes into roasting, sprinkle pumpkin seeds over roasting vegetables.
- Remove from oven and transfer whole lot to serving platter.
- Drizzle with pumpkin seed oil just before serving.
Made it? Tell us about it–