We asked our friends Noah Fecks & Paul Wagtouicz to recreate a Thanksgiving meal from 1947 inspired by the classic food photography of Gourmet Magazine.
Read my Holiday/Winter 2015 issue!
You will need:
2 pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
1 pound applewood-smoked bacon
1 tablespoon olive oil
1⁄3 cup pure maple syrup
1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
salt & pepper, to taste
- Cook bacon until crispy. Let stand on a rack or paper towel and crumble into coarse bits.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Blanche brussels sprouts in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cool water. Shake off excess water or pat dry.
- Toss sprouts with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and roast on a shallow pan for 8–10 minutes or until the outer leaves begin to brown.
- Warm maple syrup in a large pan.
- Add the brussels sprouts, almonds, and bacon bits and toss until evenly coated.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Made it? Tell us about it–