This is a really light dish that can be served on its own or as a side with both meat or fish. It's perfect for your holiday table too. The magic is all in the crème fraîche dressing!
You will need:
12 beets, I love using different colors!
2 tablespoons good olive oil
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill (you can also use parsley if you don't like dill)
salt and pepper to taste
extra dill for serving
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Peel the beets and place them on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes then allow to cool. Next, cut the beets into half or quarters and place in a bowl.
- In another bowl mix crème fraîche, mustard, and dill with a fork. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the beets with dollops of the dressing and some extra dill on top.
Serve with roasted chicken thighs or poached salmon to make this side into a meal!
Made it? Tell us about it–