I love brussels sprouts. Roasting them with sausage gives them that amazing spicy taste and the pecans gives them an extra crunch.
You will need:
2 spicy Italian sausages
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 lb brussels sprouts, cut in half
1⁄2 cup pecans
salt and pepper, to taste
fresh thyme, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Remove the skin from the sausages and coarsely chop the filling.
- Heat the oil in an iron skillet and sauté the sausage for a couple of minutes.
- Add the brussels sprouts and stir them into the sausage grease.
- Add the pecans and season with salt and pepper. Stir in some fresh thyme.
- Place the skillet in the oven and roast the brussels sprouts for about 25 minutes. Give the skillet a stir every 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with some fresh thyme on top.
Made it? Tell us about it–