This salad can be served warm or cold and makes a great “take-away” dish. The feta and dill work perfectly together to give the dish wonderful flavor. Or try it on the side of BBQ chicken or a steak.
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup water
3 shallots, peeled and sliced
6 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
8 small sweet peppers, chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 380oF.
- Bring vinegar and water to a boil.
- Place the shallots in a bowl. Pour the hot liquid over the shallots. Let sit until the dish is ready to serve.
- Place carrots and peppers in a baking dish, and toss with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Bake until done, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Place the carrots and peppers on plates. Top with feta cheese, shallots, and dill.
- Drizzle with a little oil and serve.
Made it? Tell us about it–