I love roasting chicken legs—this is really my go-to chicken dish at the moment. The lime gives it a zing, the chili a kick, and the almonds give it a great crunch.
You will need:
12 chicken legs (I always use organic, youcan really taste the difference)
salt and pepper,to taste
red chili flakes, to taste
2 garlic heads, tops cut off
2 limes, just the juice
1⁄2 cup chicken stock
1⁄3cup almonds, blanched
2 tablespoons olive oil
fresh cilantro, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 370°F.
- Rub the chicken legs with salt, pepper, and chili flakes.
- Place in an ovenproof dish and add garlic, lime juice, chicken stock, and almonds. Top with the oil.
- Place in the oven and roast for about 25 minutes or until done.
- Serve with fresh cilantro on top.
Make a lot of it and use the rest for a chicken salad the next day!
Made it? Tell us about it–