The perfect fall fruit dessert! The rich coffee mascarpone cream is to die for! This cream would be great over roasted apples or stone fruit as well!
This recipe is from our friend Toby Smith of Toby's Estate Coffee!
¼ Cup light brown sugar
1/2 vanilla bean
3 Bosc pears, peeled, halved lengthwise and cored (or whatever you can get your hands on)
2T lemon juice
For the Coffee Mascarpone Cream:
4 t freshly ground coffee
1 T water
1 Cup chilled heavy cream
½ Cup mascarpone cheese
½ Cup confectioner’s sugar
½ vanilla bean
Roasted coffee beans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and scraped vanilla bean seeds.
- Put the pears in a large baking dish, cut side up. Pour lamon juice over the pears and sprinkle with sugar. Pour the water into the dish, and add a small pat of butter to each pear.
- Roast for 30 minutes, basting every ten minutes. Turn the pears over and roast for another 30 minutes.
- For the cream, stir coffee and hot water in a large bowl until aromatic. Add cream, marscapone, sugar, and scraped vanilla bean seeds. Beat until the cream is thick and smooth, without overbeating.
- Arrange the pears on a platter, cut side up. Dollop the cream into the cavity of each pear and decorate with roasted coffee beans.
Made it? Tell us about it–