A simple, easy, and deliciously refreshing ice cream recipe that requires no ice cream churn.
11⁄2 lbs fresh strawberries, hulls removed, halved
1⁄4 cup superfine sugar
3⁄4 cup canned sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
10 oz heavy cream
2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, sifted
ice cream cones, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350oF.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine strawberries and sugar in a bowl.
- Arrange in a single layer in a prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until soft and syrupy.
- Remove from oven, stand 10 minutes, then transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until cold.
- Place cooled strawberries into a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add condensed milk and vanilla extract and process until well combined.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Place cream in a separate mixing bowl and add icing sugar.
- Using an electric mixer, beat until soft peaks form and cream is thick.
- Fold cream into strawberry mix.
- Pour into a deep 6-cup metal loaf tin, cover with aluminum foil, and freeze overnight.
- Just before serving, remove ice cream from freezer and place in refrigerator for 10–15 minutes or until ice cream softens slightly.
- Serve scooped into cones.
Eat ice cream within 7 days of making.
Made it? Tell us about it–