A rich and decadent treat with the sweet flavors of strawberries and roses.
8 oz strawberries, washed and hulled
2 tablespoons water
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
8 oz mascarpone
few drops rosewater, to taste
- Place strawberries and water into a saucepan.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat until strawberries are tender and juice is extracted. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Strain through a fine sieve and chill .You should have about ¾ cup of strawberry liquid.
- Place cream and sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Whisk in mascarpone then fold in strawberry liquid and rose water to taste.
- Pour into a 4-cup metal tin and smooth the top level.
- Cover and freeze overnight. Serve ice cream scooped in bowls or in waffle cones.
Made it? Tell us about it–