Perfect topping for your favorite burger!
Rosemary Orange Beets
-Yields about 4 pint jars-
You will need:
3 ½ pounds of beets, cooked, peeled and sliced
2 cups apple cider vinegar
1 cup water
½ cup graulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar
zest and juice of one orange
1 ½ teaspoons salt
1 cinnamon stick, broken in pieces
1 ½ teaspoons whole allspice
1 ½ teaspoons whole cloves
1 sprig rosemary, cut into pieces
Food by Michaele Hayes
Styling by Sarah Cave
- Prepare waterbath canner, jars and lids.
- Combine all ingredients except beets in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Pack beets into hot jars, leaving a generous 1/2 inch of headspace.
- Ladle hot pickling liquid into jar to cover beets leaving 1/2 inch of headspace. Distribute spices and herbs evenly between jars. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace if necessary by adding more hot pickling liquid.
- Wipe rim of jars and seal hand tight with lid.
- Process jars in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed. Clean and store jars.
These beets would be a perfect topping for Sweet Paul's chorizo burger! CLICK HERE FOR CHORIZO BURGER RECIPE
Made it? Tell us about it–