Rosemary Sandwich Cookies with Tomato Jam presented by my friends at Muir Glen Organic Tomatoes!
About 25 Cookies
For the cookies:
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the tomato jam:
1 large can chopped tomatoes
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
pinch of salt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg, rosemary and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
- Roll out the dough to a thin layer and cut out circles and place onto a parchment covered cookie sheet. If you want to make open cookies you simply cut out another hole in the middle.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden.
- Let stand on cookie sheet 2-5 minutes before removing to cool on wire rack.
- For the tomato jam, place all ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil.
- .Let simmer on low heat for about 45-60 minutes, or until you have a thick jam.
- Allow to cool completely.
- To make sandwich cookies, simply spread a dollop of jam in between two cookies.
- Jam can be stored in the fridge for up to 10 days.
You're going to want to use this tomato jam on everything! Try it with some cream cheese on crackers!
Made it? Tell us about it–