This is the most festive rice and almond drink that will launch you into the stratosphere when you spike it with dark rum!
Get holiday inspiration here:
You will need:
1 cup white rice, I used long grain
3/4 cup blanched almonds
1 cinnamon stick broken into pieces
1/4 cup condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup dark rum like Myers's Rum
ground cinnamon for garnish
- Soak the rice, almonds and cinnamon overnight in 4 cups of hot water.
- The next day pour the soaked ingredients and liquid into a blender and whiz it up until it's very very smooth. This could be 3-5 minutes.
- Strain the mixture into a pitcher through a strainer or cheesecloth.
- Add condensed milk and vanilla and stir well.
- ADD THAT RUM!
- Mix well, serve over ice with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.
Made it? Tell us about it–