Delight your guests with these impressive looking desserts!
Makes about 30 crackers
For the oat crackers:
11⁄2 cups oats
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cane sugar
1⁄2 cup butter
1⁄2 cup milk
For the meringue:
4 egg whites
1⁄3 cup water
1 cup cane sugar
For the topping:
31⁄2 oz dark chocolate (64-70% cacao)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and then add the milk.
- Mix all of the ingredients together and let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll the dough very thin on parchment paper.
- Prick with a fork.
- Cut into square crackers about 2”x2”.
- Bake in the center of the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Let the crackers cool on the baking sheet.
- Break the crackers into pieces and store in an airtight container.
- Place the egg whites in a bowl.
- Heat the water and sugar until it reaches 230°F.
- Start whipping the egg whites.
- Pour the sugar into the bowl very slowly when it has reached 250°F, whipping constantly.
- Whip the meringue until it has cooled down completely.
- Fill a piping bag with the meringue.
- Build towers out of the crackers and pipe meringue in-between.
- Sear the meringues with a gas cooking torch.
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle over the towers.
Made it? Tell us about it–