This recipe is from Donna Hay's book "The New Easy".
4 cups cold water
1⁄3 cup table salt
8 sprigs sage
4 cloves garlic, smashed
4 chicken breast fillets, trimmed
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Place the water and salt in a bowl and stir to dissolve.
- Add the sage, garlic, and chicken and allow to stand for 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken, sage, and garlic and pat dry with absorbent paper.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the sage and garlic, turn the chicken, and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook for 4 minutes, remove from the heat, and stand, covered, for 2 minutes.
- Serve the chicken with the sage, garlic, and pan juices.
Made it? Tell us about it–